Sprucing up your patio doesn’t have to be costly or labour intensive. You do not have to re-do the flooring tile or deck, or re-landscape your whole back yard. With a few quick, relatively inexpensive changes, you can bring your patio out of blah and into brilliant!
- STORAGE: Eliminate mess and clutter by creating a concealed space, whether this be a curtain or storage box , or consider something multi-functional, such as these cabinets with planters above from Lowes Hardware
- WATER FEATURES: Add White Noise (sort of)-By adding a small fountain that sits atop a coffee table, or water feature that’s placed in a strategic corner, the calming sound of a trickling stream or babbling brook can be both attractive and assist in eliminating unwanted sounds (screaming children, traffic, the neighbour’s yappy dog etc)
- COLOURFUL CUSHIONS: Whether they be cushions for your reclining loungers or small throw pillows for your existing love seat, colourful cushions not only inject brightness but can diversify the overall palette of your space if your patio rests in the beige tones as so many do
- TABLE ALTERNATIVES: In lieu of a traditional coffee table to ground your patio set, why not replace the table for a small fire pit or ottoman with tray atop? A fire pit adds a focal point in addition to warmth, and often has a wide enough circumference to also act as a table and an ottoman can be used with a tray for drinks, or as a comfortable foot rest
- CREATE PRIVACY: Create privacy with curtains if you happen to have a trellis overhanging or plant hedging in the form of boxwood or tall grasses
Images not my own, credit @ Ratana, Lowes Hardware, terracecreations.com , czmcam.org, findingwinter.com